NISSIN’S GOOD NEIGHBOR SCHOLARSHIP RECOGNIZES TEN CALIF. AND PA. STUDENTS FOR THEIR ACADEMIC SUCCESS AND COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS
GARDENA, Calif., September 9, 2021 -- Nissin Foods, creator of the iconic Cup Noodles® and Top Ramen®, awarded $10,000 in scholarships to local Los Angeles and Lancaster County high school students as part of its inaugural Good Neighbor Scholarship, recognizing the recipients for their academic success and commitment to making a positive change in their local community.
Ten students from the communities surrounding Nissin’s facilities in Gardena, Calif. and Lancaster, Pa. received scholarships to use toward their enrollment in two- or four-year universities and trade schools. Each recipient was selected based on their well-balanced scholastic career — academics, extracurricular activities, and community service — along with their aspirations of making an even greater impact when they graduate college.
“As Nissin celebrates the 50th anniversary of Cup Noodles and its history of innovation, we felt there was no better time to empower high school students in achieving their full potential with our Good Neighbor Scholarship,” said Nissin Foods USA President and CEO Mike Price. “As a part of our One Team Diversity & Inclusion Initiative, we are increasingly committed to the growth and success of emerging leaders in our local communities. We hope that these scholarship recipients become leaders in our local Los Angeles and Lancaster communities and beyond.”
Good Neighbor Scholarship Recipients
● Devin Kirkwood (Inglewood, CA) - attending UCLA
● Melody Pha (Denver, PA) - attending Messiah University
● Ariana Marshall (Lancaster, PA) - attending Millersville University Honors College
● Eve Sheaffer (Manheim, PA) - attending Franklin & Marshall College
● Grace Hershey (Lancaster, PA) - attending Messiah University
● Hailey Glamore-Scott (Inglewood, CA) - attending UC Riverside
● Hannah Kline (Elizabethtown, PA) - attending Pennsylvania State University – University Park
● Jai’Neil Segee (Los Angeles, CA) - attending San Diego State University
● Jeslyn Krebs (Strasburg, PA) - attending Old Dominion University
● Angellia Brenneman (Bowmansville, PA) - attending University of Delaware
Each of the scholarship recipients also received a Nissin Foods prize pack complete with a branded backpack, t-shirts, and an assortment of Cup Noodles and Top Ramen products.
To learn more about this year’s Good Neighbor Scholarship recipients and next year’s submission process, visit NissinFoods.com.
About Nissin Foods
Nissin Foods was established in 1958 by Momofuku Ando, who invented the first instant ramen noodle in Japan inspired by his belief that “peace will come to the world when there is enough food.” In 1970, Nissin Foods USA opened its first plant in Gardena, California, introducing ramen noodles to American consumers. In 1971, Cup Noodles was launched in Japan, and then debuted as Cup O’ Noodles in the U.S. in 1973, revolutionizing the industry by creating a product that could package, prepare and serve noodles all in one. For over 60 years, Nissin Foods has created delicious and convenient Asian-inspired meals at an affordable value. Nissin Foods USA develops and markets a variety of products including Cup Noodles®, Top Ramen®, Cup Noodles® Stir Fry™, Hot & Spicy Fire Wok, and RAOH®. The company's corporate philosophy inspires commitment to taste, convenience, and quality.