Charred Corn Top Ramen® Salad
- For the salad:
- 1 Top Ramen® Chicken Flavor, seasoning packet reserved
- 2 ears of corn, makes about 2 cups
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 scallions, sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, small diced, optional
- For the dressing:
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 seasoning packet
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, optional
- pepper, to taste
For the dressing
Whisk together all ingredients and set aside.
For the salad
In boiling water, cook ramen noodles til al dente, about 2 minutes. The noodles will absorb the dressing, so it is important that they are al dente. Once done, rinse under cold water to keep them from cooking further. Set aside in a medium bowl.
In a cast iron skillet set under medium-high heat, char your corn, turning every few minutes to get all sides. Let cool for a few minutes before cutting the kernels off.
Pour the dressing over noodles and mix til noodles are coated. Add in your corn, cabbage, cilantro, scallions, avocado, and season to taste. Enjoy!